All About Laparoscopic surgery
What is Laparoscopic surgery?
Laparoscopic surgery is performed at ALSA by our expert Bariatric and Laparoscopic surgeon expert Dr. Tahir Yunus. It is a minimally invasive surgical procedure as compared to open surgery. This surgery also ensures quick recovery as compared to open surgical procedures.
In this surgery, a small camera known as a laparoscope is inserted in the body by making small incisions. Surgeon before the surgery makes sure that can surgery be performed on that person or not. It involves fewer chances of sepsis and infection as compared to open surgery.
Laparoscopic surgery at ALSA and expertise of Dr. Tahir Yunus
Laparoscopic surgery is performed at ALSA by our expert Laparoscopic and Bariatric surgeon Dr. Tahir Yunus who has diverse experience in this field and has carried out several laparoscopic surgeries. This surgery involves small incisions as compared to open surgery. Laparoscopy is actually a technique that is used to visualize internal organs for diagnosis purposes and also for carrying out surgeries.
How it is better than Open surgery?
Laparoscopic surgery has many benefits over open surgery. Most importantly it involves small incisions and ensures quick recovery. At ALSA, bariatric surgery is done for weight loss also ensures quick recovery because it is done laparoscopically. Recovery from bariatric surgery.
It has the following benefits over the open surgery in the following ways:
- It involves less chances of sepsis and infection as compared to the open surgery.
- It ensures quick recover as compared to the open surgery. A person can get back to normal activities quickly after surgery.
- This surgery takes less time as compared to the open surgery.
- It is associated with less risks and complications as compared to the open surgery.
- It involves less bleeding as compared to the open surgery procedures. This innovative procedure involves less incisions and cuts, so there will be minimum scarring as compared to the open surgery.
Types and procedures
The following types of Laparoscopic surgery procedures are carried out at ALSA by our expert Laparoscopic and Bariatric surgeon:
- Laparoscopic Heller’s Myotomy
- Laparoscopic Groin or Inguinal hernia repair
- Laparoscopic Colon surgery
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic gastrointestinal
- Laparoscopic Appendectomy
- Laparoscopic Abdominal hernia repair
- Laparoscopic Appendectomy and Appendicitis
- Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy
- Laparoscopic Splenectomy
- Laparoscopic Antireflux surgery
Dr. Tahir Yunus
+92 318 0855520
+92 308 0855520
Evercare Hospital Lahore D1 commercial area, Nespak society, Lahore