What is Laparoscopic Groin or Inguinal hernia repair | Groin hernia repair
Laparoscopic groin or inguinal hernia repair is like other laparoscopic methods. General sedation is given, and a little cut (entry point) is made in or just beneath the navel. The mid-region is swelled with air so the specialist can see the stomach (gut) organs.
A slight, little scope called a laparoscope is embedded through the cut. The instruments to fix the hernia are embedded through other little entry points in the lower midsection. Mesh is then placed over the imperfection to strengthen the belly wall for the laparoscopic groin or inguinal hernia repair.
There are so many things to keep in mind opting if you ought to have an inguinal hernia fix medical procedure, for example, regardless of whether your hernia is imprisoned or strangulated and whether you have different conditions that should be tended to before hernia fix medical procedure is proper.
Laparoscopic groin or inguinal hernia repair is not the same as open medical surgery in the accompanying manners:
- A laparoscopic groin or inguinal hernia repair requires a few little cuts rather than a single bigger cut.
- If hernias are on the two sides, the two hernias can be repaired simultaneously without the requirement for a second enormous entry point. The laparoscopic medical procedure permits the specialist to look at both groin regions and all destinations of hernias for absconds. Additionally, the fix or work can be set over every single imaginable part of shortcoming, keeping a hernia from repeating in a similar spot or creating in the other place.
- General sedation is required for the laparoscopic fix. Open hernia repair should be possible under general, spinal, or local anesthesia.
Advantages of Laparoscopic Groin or Inguinal Hernia repair
- This procedure is less painful.
- Patient has to stay for very less time at the hospital
- Patient can go back to his\her regular life quickly which involves bowel function getting normalized procedure involves few incisions so quite less pain
- Laparoscopic Groin or Inguinal Hernia Repair cause quite less scarring than other open procedures.
- It involves fewer wound infections
- Faster going back to a regular diet and drinks
Laparoscopic Groin or Inguinal Hernia is recommended for the following people.
- Have an incarcerated hernia
- Have bleeding issues like Hemophilia
- People who have many abdominal surgeries already
- People with severe emphysema
Frequently Asked Questions
Laparoscopic surgery involves performing surgery using small holes in the abdomen and inserting a camera with different tools to complete the surgery without making a large cut. This offers a lesser chance of developing infections, much fewer scars, and post-surgical pain, Early return to work and normal activities.
Laparoscopic hernia surgery offers early recovery from surgery with reducing pain and early return to work and activities.
Laparoscopic hernia surgery is much less painful than open hernia surgery and can be well-controlled with over-the-counter pain medications.
Laparoscopic groin or Inguinal surgery is very safe as compared to the open surgical procedure for removing hernias as it involves very less incisions.