ALSA – Obesity – Psychology
- Binge eating and Bulimia nervosa
- Depression and anxiety
- Substance abuse
- Quality of life
- Body image and self-esteem
- Sexual, physical abuse, and emotional neglect
Behavioral change is a change worth making an effort for!
Therefore, to help our clients through the weight loss journey, the experts try to incorporate the best suitable approaches such as motivational interviewing.
Ignorance is the Dominion of a low-quality lifestyle – Obesity
- Bariatric & Laparoscopic surgery
Moreover, jumping on to pharmacotherapy and bariatric surgeries without the root cause of obesity results in relapse and more complications. Hence why ALSA Pakistan deals both with obesity and mental health at different levels. To ensure the promising results of the treatment, our professionals ensure to diagnose the principal cause of obesity.
Not only we counsel, motivate, and advise our patients for behavior changes rather; we inculcate a sense of self-evaluation. For this purpose, ALSA Pakistan psychotherapy incorporates the Socratic method, which is a cooperative argumentative dialogue. Hence, we ensure to encourage the patient for self-appraisal.
Obesity and mental health
Hence, ALSA Pakistan fulfills its promise of full recovery from obesity and mental health disorders. Once the patient agrees to make certain behavioral changes, there are five main principles.
- 1Express empathy through reflective listening
- 2Develop discrepancy between clients’ goals or values and their current behavior.
- 3Avoid argument and confrontation.
- 4 Try to adapt to client resistance rather than opposing it directly.
- 5Support self-efficacy and optimism.
Only maintaining a healthy lifestyle can release you from the fears and constraints that obesity and mental health bring about. Even after surgeries, obesity relapse may occur if Irregular diet routine, psychological disorders, and other factors are not addressed properly.We, ALSA Pakistan, are here just to escort you through your journey towards a happy, healthy life again! Le voila!
Frequently Asked Questions
What impact does obesity have on my mental health?
How can i deal obesity on a psychological level?
- Getting out of the situation.
- Positively responding.
- Making use of positive self-talk.
- Using self-acceptance techniques
What are my coping mechanisms for being overweight?
- Changing your lifestyle
- Weight-loss medicines
- Weight-loss gadgets
- Bariatric surgery
- Special diets.