Take the weight off
Your life with the Gastric
Step into a healthier future with gastric bypass surgery. Our dedicated team is here to inspire and guide your weight loss journey. Start now and rewrite your story of success and well-being!
Successful Weight loss with Gastric Bypass Surgery
At ALSA Pakistan, we offer weight loss with gastric bypass, a promising solution to obesity, especially for people at risk from related morbidities.
Obesity is a serious medical condition related to other morbidities. At ALSA Pakistan, we offer you a comprehensive solution to obesity. We have a qualified and experienced panel of psychologists, dietitians, physicians, and surgeons to provide you with a full range of options to treat your disease. We not only help you treat obesity but escort you along the journey towards a healthy lifestyle. Obesity is a multi-faceted issue and calls for advanced technologies for promising treatment. Therefore, ALSA Pakistan aiming for an obesity-free Pakistan, helps you in weight loss with gastric bypass surgery.
What is Gastric Bypass Surgery | What Does it Offer?
There is still an option to avoid all the related morbidities to obesity. ALSA Pakistan brings you state-of-the-art machinery with experienced surgeons who help you with weight loss with gastric bypass surgery.
Gastric bypass surgery or bariatric gastric banding is a surgical procedure that changes the route of the digestive system. A very small pouch is created at the upper mouth of the stomach, which is approximately one ounce or 3ml in volume. This pouch is attached to the small intestine, where the digestive enzymes and stomach acid travel down to mix with the food.
How does it Work? | Weight Loss Mechanism Via Gastric Bypass
Gastric bypass helps with weight loss via different mechanisms. Primarily, the small stomach pouch makes you feel fuller with lesser food. Moreover, the portion of the small intestine which absorbs the calories and nutrients will not be receiving food. Hence, the digestive tract will absorb much lesser calories.
Weight Loss with Gastric Bypass
Is also attributed to the change in gut hormones. The expression lowers with the surgery—consequently, the lower expression results in hunger suppression and lesser satiety.
Am I a Candidate for Gastric Bypass?
- You weigh more 100lbs more than your ideal body weight.
- Your body mass index exceeds 40, and you are suffering from related morbidities.
- Weight loss with gastric bypass is the perfect solution for people who fail to achieve their ideal body weight over a sustained time period, even with proper diet and medication.
What Should I Expect From Gastric Bypass Surgery?
At ALSA Pakistan, we provide the best post-operative care.
- 1Minimal post-operative medication is prescribed, such as mild pain killers.
- 2The patient is kept under observation in a stringent hygienic environment for not more than 2-3 days. It is because minor incisions are made during surgery, and the patient experiences very little post-operative pain.
- 3For the same reason, the patient can continue his routine work within two to four weeks after surgery.
- 4Weight loss with gastric bypass surgery is promising if you manage the proper diet & exercise plan advised by the expert physicians at ALSA Pakistan.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the procedure for gastric bypass surgery?
The procedure carries through six half-inch incisions (laparoscopic surgery). Then, instruments for laparoscopic surgery, including a tiny camera, are inserted through ports inside these incisions. An “open” gastric bypass or laparotomy may require in rare cases.
What Should I Expect From Gastric Bypass Surgery?
Can I have my gastric bypass done laparoscopically even if I’ve had open abdominal surgery before?
Your surgeon will assess you on a case-by-case basis. A laparoscopic gastric bypass is conceivable after open abdominal surgery or other laparoscopic abdominal procedures. However, our doctors believe that every patient has the right to select minimally invasive surgery as a treatment option.
Is it necessary for me to be in good health to have gastric bypass surgery?
No. Many of our patients are suffering from ailments brought on by their obesity. Diabetes, hypertension, heart problems, lung problems, and kidney problems are among these disorders.
Will I be required to undergo any testing before gastric bypass surgery?
We’ll perform certain blood tests, a chest x-ray, and an electrocardiogram to ensure the best possible outcome (EKG). We’ll also check you for H.pylori, a bacteria that causes ulcers and gall stones. In addition, a sleep study (for sleep apnea) or a psychological examination requires in some circumstances.
How long do you think I’ll be in the hospital?
After a laparoscopic gastric bypass, most patients spend two days, and after an open gastric bypass, they can stay up to four days.
How many calories should I consume following surgery?
Eat at least 600 calories each day, which may be difficult initially when you don’t have an appetite and low tolerance for food. This quantity of calories may appear insignificant at first, but you will find that reaching it on some days in your early post-operative life will be a challenge.
My BMI is high (BMI). Is it possible for me to have a laparoscopic gastric bypass?
- Our surgeons effectively treated a patient with a BMI of 88 with laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery.
- Another less experienced team of surgeons might find the high BMI and demanding physical requirements too much of a struggle.
- We don’t rule someone out for laparoscopic surgery based only on their BMI.
- Your surgeon will assess you on a case-by-case basis. ALSA Pakistan is proud to offer one of the most skilled and well-known teams of bariatric and minimally invasive surgeons.
- Once again, our surgeons feel that every patient has the right to choose minimally invasive surgery as a treatment option.
Can I become pregnant after gastric bypass surgery?
It strongly urges that you do not become pregnant for at least a year and a half following your surgery if you are a woman of child-bearing age.
When can I be able to drive again after surgery?
You cannot drive until you can move rapidly and alertly, and you are no longer taking any of the medications prescribed during your surgery. This usually takes one to two weeks.
Is it possible that gastric bypass surgery will not help you lose weight?
This operation alters your eating tolerances and capacities, as well as your behavior, but only if you pay attention to your new anatomy rather than your old habits. You aren’t fixed by surgery. However, it would help if you made a conscious and deliberate decision to live a healthy life, with healthier eating routines, in order to improve your overall health.
With a gastric bypass, how much weight can I expect to lose?
Weight loss for gastric bypass patients expects to be around 70% of their excess weight on average. Some people will perform better than this, while others will not.
When can I be able to return to work following my surgery?
Some patients with sedentary professions have returned to work as soon as one to two weeks after surgery. However, if your profession requires more physical exertion, it could take up to six weeks before you can return to work.