Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal Surgery in Pakistan
While many problems can be treated with making lifestyle changes. But some conditions need surgical procedures to treat them, and laparoscopic surgery is the best way to treat them because it is minimally invasive. Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal Surgery in Pakistan can successfully treat gastrointestinal issues. Laparoscopic gastrointestinal surgery only requires a keyhole incision in the part that needs to be operated.
Digestive problems that this Surgery can treat
This (Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal Surgery in Pakistan) we perform at ALSA, can treat the following digestive problems:
- Crohn’s disease
- Colorectal cancer
- Familial polyposis ( a disease that can cause multiple polyps in the colon that can lead to having a higher risk of colorectal cancer)
- Bowel incontinence
- Rectal prolapse ( that is the protrusion of the rectum through the anus)
- Ulcerative colitis
- Colon polyps that are too large for getting them removed by colonoscopy
- A very severe constipation that cannot be treated by medication
Advantages of Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal surgery is less painful
- The patient has to stay for quite less time at the hospital
- The patient can go back to his\her regular life quickly which involves bowel function getting normalized procedure involves few incisions so quite less pain
- Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal surgery cause quite less scarring than other open surgical procedures for appendectomy
- It involves fewer wound infections
- Laparoscopic gastrointestinal surgery has a faster going back to a regular diet and drinks
Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal Surgery Procedure
In laparoscopic surgery, three or more small (5-10 mm) incisions are being made in the abdomen for the ports to be inserted inside. Laparoscope, along with surgical instruments, are inserted inside through these ports. Our surgeon at ALSA will then use that laparoscope to generate an image of the inside of abdominal organs on the monitor, for the operation to be performed.
Laparoscopic gastrointestinal surgery operations
That is the Surgical removal of diseased section of rectum and sigmoid colon.
Right colectomy or ileocolectomy
During a right colectomy, the right side of the colon is removed, and during ileocolectomy last part of the small intestine ileum is surgically removed.
Total abdominal colectomy
During this surgery, the large intestine is removed.
It is a surgical procedure involving ileostomy and colostomy.
It is the surgical removal of rectum, colon, anus, and sigmoid colon.
It is a surgical procedure being performed at ALSA by Dr. Tahir Yunus and in that stitches are being applied to keep the rectum in its proper position.
A very extensive surgical procedure involving the removal of both rectum and colon
Frequently Asked Questions
Diverticulitis is a severe disease of the digestive system that involves the inflammation of the lining of the intestines and makes inflamed pouches in the filling.
It is an inflammatory bowel disorder that causes ulcer and long-lasting inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract.
It might take a few days to a week to recover from gastrointestinal surgery.