Weight loss surgery involving gastric bypass are collectively known as Bariatric surgery. Bariatric surgery involves making changes in your digestive system to help in losing weight. Bariatric surgery is the safest way for weight loss when exercise and diet plans are not helping. And you start to have health issues due to that weight that can affect not only your physical but also mental health.
Some of the weight loss surgery procedures can limit how much you eat, while some of them can restrict how much you absorb nutrients from the food. And some of the bariatric surgery procedures can do both.
Why choose Bariatric Surgery?
Bariatric or weight loss surgery is a laparoscopic surgery done on the stomach and small intestines that helps reduce the hormones responsible for gaining excess weight. Having excessive weight is called obesity. This is a disease where the excess weight causes other health problems like diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, knee and back pains, sleeping difficulty, shortness of breath on walking, heart problems, and even infertility. Bariatric surgery is a very safe and effective treatment of obesity. It has been proven to:
- Effectively reduce excess weight
- Improve health and quality of life
- Reduce the risk of heart disease and cancers
- Boost your self-esteem and confidence
Benefits of Bariatric Surgery
There are several benefits of bariatric surgery. Some of them are as follows:
- Bariatric surgery is better than diet plans because bariatric surgery can promise long term effects.
- Weight loss surgery can also ensure more promising results.
- Bariatric surgery can assist you in breaking the vicious cycle of weight gain and can help you lose weight fast.
- You can shed almost 5 to 10 pounds weight each week after the bariatric surgery.
Bariatric Surgery preventing your from possible health risks
Bariatric surgery can prevent you from the following potential health risks:
- Bariatric surgery can prevent you from Diabetes type 2 and can even help you treat it effectively
- It can also help hypertensive and hypercholesteremic patients
- Weight loss surgery can help to treat sleep apnea.
- Bariatric surgery can also help in treating infertility and depression.
- It is seen that bariatric surgery has also treated joint pain in many patients.
- Bariatric surgery can help in avoiding any possible pregnancy complications in obese women.