Recovery Time From Laparoscopic Groin or Hernia Repair is Short
Top 5 Laparoscopic Hernia Surgeons in Pakistan for Hernia Repair Surgery
A Hernia is formed when the internal organs of the abdominal cavity push through a weakened spot in the abdominal wall. It can have severe life-threatening implications if not addressed promptly. If you have significant health problems, though, you will need laparoscopic hernia repair surgery. The Top 5 Hernia Surgeons in Pakistan efficiently handle this Laparoscopic groin or hernia repair.
Hernias most commonly occur between the rib cage and the groin. However, they can be treated surgically by sealing the defect and using Hernia Mesh to fortify the weaker area. In addition, hernia repair surgery can repair an inguinal hernia with mesh. This technique can be performed with a laparoscope, which is less invasive.
Laparoscopic Groin or Hernia Repair Surgery is a type of surgery that allows a thorough diagnosis of groins and the hernia sites of abnormalities before repairing the Hernia. This surgical operation is comparable to other laparoscopic and bariatric surgeries.
A hernia is an unusual medical condition in which fatty tissues or other organs are pushed through a minute spot in the surrounding connective tissues or muscular walls. This abnormal condition of hernia does not heal on its own. Instead, they may tend to grow in size. If not treated timely, it may result in severe life-threatening consequences. But it does not need immediate treatment in all medical situations. The need and type of treatment for hernia depend upon the size and symptoms. If it does not show any severe symptoms, it does not require quick treatments. However, you need laparoscopic hernia surgery if you encounter some severe health discomforts. Our best Laparoscopic surgeon in Lahore is highly expert for this Laparoscopic groin or hernia repair.
Laparoscopic Groin or Inguinal Hernia Repair
Laparoscopic Groin or Hernia Repair is the kind of surgery that allows the Laparoscopic surgeon to examine both the groins areas and the hernia sites of defects in a detailed manner and fix the hernia. This surgery is similar to other laparoscopic and bariatric surgeries as it also requires the laparoscope to visualize the internal organs.
General anesthesia is given before the start of Laparoscopic groin or hernia repair, and a breathing tube is embedded for the patient to breathe. Next, a small incision is made under the navel area just for the sake of entry point, and a laparoscope is embedded into the abdominal region. This laparoscope helps the surgeon to visualize the defected hernia in detail onto the monitor screen. Then the defected hernia sac is removed from the abdominal wall. Next, a prosthetic mesh is placed in the lower midsection region and gives strength to abdominal muscles to cover the hernia area. After the Laparoscopic groin or hernia repair, the minor cuts are closed with stitches that are dissolvable on their own with the passage of time.
Laparoscopic Hernia Repair is Feasible Alternative to Open Hernia Repair
Laparoscopic inguinal hernia surgery is a feasible alternative medical procedure over open surgery for hernia repair. It is because of the following reasons;
- A laparoscopic groin or hernia repair requires significantly fewer small incisions than an open hernia repair. Therefore, it’s a minimally invasive medical procedure.
- One of the most revealing achievements of this laparoscopic surgery is that you can fix the hernia defects from the two areas simultaneously through one incision without creating another one.
- This laparoscopic medical procedure allows the surgeon to work at every defective hernia component and prevent it from recurring or developing at other locations.
- This laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair necessitates general anesthesia as compared to open inguinal hernia repair.
Benefits of Laparoscopic Groin or Hernia Repair
- This laparoscopic inguinal hernia surgery is less painful.
- It offers short hospital stays to the patients once the hernia surgery is done
- It is a minimally invasive surgical procedure.
- It promises fewer post-operative health discomforts like wound infections.
- Patients can go to their regular diet and meal plans after the hernia surgery.
- This laparoscopic hernia surgery is a less scary surgical procedure than open surgery for inguinal hernia surgery.
- Patients can go back to their everyday life activities after the laparoscopic surgery, including bowel movement function.
When Do I Need Laparoscopic Groin or Hernia Repair?
Our best Laparoscopic Surgeon in Lahore will recommend you hernia surgery if the following things happen to you;
- The hernia becomes painful or may cause discomfort.
- If it is growing to a larger size.
- If you have emphysema.
- If you have bleeding issues.
- If you have incarcerated hernia problem.
Inconveniences after the Laparoscopic Groin or Hernia Repair
- Many of the patients can expect soreness within 1-2 days after the surgery.
- Patients with acute biological conditions can encounter nausea and vomiting.
- Some patients may experience ecchymosis (bruising) in and around the groin area.
- Some may get significant swelling in the groin area.
- Few of the patients need to take medications after the post-operative pains.
- Straining and constipation during bowel movements may increase pressure on the targeted site of hernia repair.
- You may also suffer from some other health discomforts such as fever higher than 100.40F, body aches that may get worse over time, inability to urinate, and eating without the feeling of nausea.
- You may encounter redness or rashes at the site of the incision and infection