Effects of overweight and Obesity on your health- An in-depth discussion
Obesity is a health condition in which body fat is more than needed and can be dangerous for health. Obesity treatment is needed for healthy life. The effects of overweight and obesity are severe. Body mass index or BMI is measured to determine the Obesity, BMI is calculated by dividing the weight with the square of height, and 18.5 to 25 BMI is considered normal range,25 to 30 is overweight, and more than 30 is deemed to be obese.
How Obesity can be fatal
In general, Obesity is not a disease; it is just excess to fat on your body, but this extra fat on your body can cause many health issues. Obesity is the leading cause of many diseases, like:
- Heart diseases: Obesity and overweight can cause extra cholesterol and blockage of arteries, which can affect heart function and cause many heart disease.
- Diabetes: Overeating and Obesity can directly disturb your insulin function. According to a survey, Obesity is the leading cause of type 2 diabetes.
- Depression and mental disorder: Being obese is not suitable for your everyday life; it can affect your daily tasks. Many people struggling with Obesity also struggle with anxiety, depression and other mental disorders.
- Infertility: Obesity is the leading cause of infertility in many people.
- Certain types of cancer: Along with other diseases, Obesity can also cause certain types of cancer.
According to the world health organization obesity along with smoking is the leading cause of death worldwide which can be prevented.
How to treat the effects of overweight & obesity
Obesity treatment can be a challenging but not impossible task for many. There are many ways you can work out obesity treatment and minimize the effects of overweight and obesity like:
Fewer calories and healthy diet minimize the effects of overweight and obesity
Taking fewer calories and eating healthy can be the best way to reduce weight if you are not that obese and can manage it.
Exercise and physical activity
One of the leading causes of Obesity is less or no physical activity and exercise. You can manage your weight by doing exercise daily and do more physical tasks.
Weight loss medication
The doctor will recommend you medication for weight loss if it is difficult for you to manage your weight on your own. Medication cannot work for everyone, and there can be the side effects.
Weight loss surgery or bariatric surgery
From the above discussion, it can be concluded that the effects of overweight and obesity are really dangerous for a prosperous life. Your ultimate and most effective way to deal with Obesity is weight loss surgery. There are many types of weight-loss surgeries; they all have their pros and cons. Bariatric surgery is an affective procedure for obesity treatment.